Bapao of bacon bucking
The World of fish: Vietnam
- 350 grams of lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 7 grams of dried yeast
- 500 grams of bapa flour
- 20 grams of skimmed milk powder
- 5 grams of sesame oil
- 50 grams bapa flour, for pollination
- 100 grams of smoked bacon
- 10 ml. sesame
- 1 shallot
- 10 grams of salt
- For the bapa filling, finely chop the shallots.
- Fry gently and add the sesame oil and plucked bacon.
- Divide the filling evenly into semicircular flexipan molds and freeze.
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the lukewarm water.
- Mix the sifted bapa flour with the milk powder.
- Add the yeast mixture and knead into an elastic dough.
- Finally mix the sesame oil and the salt into the dough.
- Allow the dough to rise for one hour in a humid environment at 24 ° C.
- Flatten the dough and weigh 10 pieces of 40 gram dough.
- Roll out the dough and place the frozen balls of filling on it.
- Fold the dough and place the bapao’s on the baking sheet.
- Let the rolls proofread for half an hour.
- Sprinkle the forest with roasted sesame seeds, finely ground seaweed and dried shiso.
- Cook the bosos in the combisteamer, 12 minutes at 100 ° C.
- The bapaos can be frozen and heated up à la minute
- As a warm appetizer.
- As a component in a composition with other herring preparations.
Do you want to delve even further into this global taste? Then go to gastronomixs.com
Gastronomixs is an idea generator for chefs and offers recipes in the form of building blocks. This allows you to quickly create new dishes or adapt existing ones. In collaboration with Fish & Season you will find hundreds of preparations of more than 20 types of fish on Gastronomixs. Below we will share two with you. Click on the image to go to the recipe.